Monday, December 2, 2013

Post Thanksgiving Day: Still Giving Thanks

"Offer to God thanksgiving" Psalm 50:14. 

Last Thursday was Thanksgiving.  We reflect and give thanks this time of year.  We rejoice in all that we've been given.  We give and share with others out of the bounty that has been granted us.  This exercise, this discipline of gratitude so aligns us with the giver, God himself.

Thankful.  It is so easy to say.  But am I really living it?  Applying it?  If I were, I would trust God in everything and not worry, knowing that He will give all that I need.  Daily my mind and my heart need to be exhorted in being thankful.  Ephesians 5:20.

A few thoughts on being thankful:

Giving thanks moves our thoughts away from ourselves... and onto God.  When I am thankful, my heart and mind are changed: my mind turns from self and things on earth to things above.  Col 3:2.

When I am thankful, my mind becomes content to dwell on the present.  Things past or things to come are gently diminished and I grow satisfied, content and joyful in everything.

Jesus modeled thankfulness, by giving thanks himself.  At the Last Supper he gave thanks to God for the bread provided before breaking and sharing it.  Luke 22:19.

My hope is you, as we are enjoying this season of thanksgiving, and are remembering all we have to be thankful for.

--Two Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me. Thanks!