A food. Not a sugar-laden, headache-causing guilt-trip.
I have a chocolate treat that is GAPS-legal, Paleo and Vegan and is delicious and really easy to make. Yes. All in one chocolate cupcake.
These cupcakes taste so good that even my non-GAPS, non-Paleo friends love them.
What does that mean for you? If you eat completely GAPS or Paleo or Vegan, you will love these.
But, if you are even just a bit wanting-to-eat-less-processed-food, you will love these.
So make these, enjoy and be healthy!
Gluten-Free Grain-Free Guilt-Free Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cupcakes
Ingredients:5 eggs (Vegans: use chia seed replacer: 4 tablespoons chia seed meal blended with 12 tablespoons water)
1/4 cup honey (Vegans: use 1/4 cup Agave nectar)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup blended coconut cream from a can of coconut cream
heaping 1/4 cup coconut flour
heaping 1/2 cup cashew flour (or finely ground blanched almond flour)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 mini-chocolate chips (homemade GAPS-legal chocolate, or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
Whipped Coconut Cream Ingredients
2 egg whites (optional, Vegans: omit)
1- 2 teaspoons honey
The rest of the blended coconut cream from the can
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; prepare muffin pan by lining with cupcake papers.
2. Blend the can of coconut cream in a blender until the liquid and solids are blended. Measure 1/4 cup for use with wet ingredients. Refrigerate the rest.
3. Blend all dry ingredients in a food processor.
4. Melt all wet ingredients except eggs in a pan on low heat. Blend well and let cool.
5. Add eggs and wet ingredients to the food processor and blend. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into muffin pan cups to 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
8. Whip the refrigerated coconut cream at high speed until stiff, drizzling the honey into the bowl. Fold egg whites into the whipped coconut cream.
9. Fill a pastry bag with the whipped coconut cream and swirl onto cupcakes, or just spoon on. Sprinkle with mini-chips.
Makes 12 delectable chocolate cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.