Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Almond Flour Cookies



You love a good cookie.  

But you have trouble with wheat.  Or maybe you've even been diagnosed with celiac disease or non-celiac wheat sensitivity.  Or perhaps you've been hearing a lot about gluten intolerance and you are curious.

The good news is, there are alternatives to wheat flour and you can enjoy baked goods such as cookies.

My curiosity and quest for the perfect gluten-free and grain-free cookie has gotten the best of me.  So, I have been trying several variations on this theme.  I plan to release my version of the perfect cookie this month for Valentine's Day.

We've been enjoying this gluten-free and grain-free almond flour cookie from the Urban Poser's recipe. Thanks, Jenni!

If you want to learn more about those with wheat intolerances, one expert to read is David Perlmutter.

Like this topic?  There is more to come on nut flours, nut preparation and other wheat-free flour in future posts, so stay tuned!

Happy Living,
--Two Peas

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, thank you for your patience in helping me locate the gluten free ingredients. It took some due diligence, but I plan to make these cookies today. I've decided instead of using chocolate chips to use dried bing cherries and pecans. Will let you know how they come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeeNice, you are so welcome. I've made them with pecans and cranberries before and they were very good. Enjoy them as long as they last. They go fast!

      Delete

Please leave a comment for me. Thanks!