Do you ever have a day where you just need a pick-me-up? Your head is groggy and you feel sluggish? I have the solution.
These moist, delicious, mousse-like brownies will literally melt in your mouth and lift your spirits. In fact, you'll have no problem cleaning the house or completing that work assignment afterward.
Gluten-free and grain-free, this Vegan, SCD, GAPS, and/or Paleo recipe makes a wonderful addition to your healthy desserts repertoire. They are so moist and creamy you will need a plate and a fork-- no cut bars here. In fact, I'm working on making this recipe into a chocolate mousse cake for a future post.
The only drawback: These brownies are so good, some (i.e. the author) have eaten them right out of the oven and burnt their tongue.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Butternut Squash Brownies
1 Cup Cocoa
3/4 Cup Honey (Vegan: use 1/4 - 1/2 cup Agave Nectar, to your liking)
1/2 Cup Butternut Squash, pureed
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, softened or melted
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted (Vegan, GAPS Intro: use 3 T Coconut Oil)
1 Egg (Vegan: use 1/4 Tapioca Flour or Arrowroot Flour)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly oil (using coconut oil or butter) an 8x8 glass dish.
3. Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour into the prepared dish and put in oven.
5. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool for two hours and then cut into squares. Serve.
Yields about 12 dense, dessert brownies.